We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 thereafter(GDPR) (together the Data Protection Legislation). and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right. Please see below for further information.
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website.
- When you enquire about or purchase a product or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including support services and product purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located), IP address and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third-parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing any product or service) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
- If you apply for a position at EV-Connected Ltd.
We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website. We may provide our manufacturer partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about Website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us; and
- To provide you with reminders or updates regarding your charging point
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we will use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or charging point support services as we have a legitimate interest and or contractual obligation to you to do this.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third-parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third-parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third-parties as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third-parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to third-party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities) these include our approved data processors.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third-party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third-parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us or one or more members of EV-Connected Ltd); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third-parties;
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant manufacturer partner relating to your charging point. They may contact you directly regarding your charging point and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Website, sales and traffic patterns with members of EV-Connected Ltd and other parties.
Personal Data Retention
Personal data will be kept for the duration of the retention period determined by the category of data held. At the end of the period personal data will be reviewed and securely deleted or archived. However, we will only archive a record (rather than delete it) to comply with any legal requirement for keeping it.
• Prospects – 6 months retention period
• Sales Customer – up to 8 years retention period
We will regularly review the personal data we hold, and our retention periods in line with GDPR requirements or any professional rules or regulatory requirements that apply. Some personal data will need to be retained for longer in some cases than in others. For example to maintain an opt-out list for marketing. How long we retain different categories of personal data will be based on individual business needs.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that EV-Connected Ltd delete your personal data in certain circumstances if you would like more information about this please contact us using the details below.
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site (unless we have obtained your consent to do so). In addition, if you linked to a Website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through the Website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is to a country with data protection laws which are at least as stringent as those in England.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How to contact us